23rd November 2011
Post with 2 notes
There is no way not to break someone’s heart.
If someone loves you and you don’t love them back, then cut it off as quickly and cleanly as possible. Dragging it out and spending time with them will only make it worse. Do not tell them you love them, just tell them its over this way they can begin the healing process immediately.
- Do not lead them on. If you never really liked them, do not act like it. It is not nice nor fair to play with other’s emotions.
- Be honest. If you once had a relationship and you want out, simply tell them that you have no future together and you will no longer be carrying on a pointless relationship.
- Do not be selfish. Just because you are scared to tell them that you want out does not make it OK for you to drag them on. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet.
- Do not say anything that you don’t mean.
- Do not ever waste love.
- Consider the effects of your words and actions on someone else. Take responsibility. If you ever really cared for that person or have any decency at all give them time to process and talk about why the relationship wasn’t working… Ideally if you are over the age of 8 you will have the wisdom and life experience to do this during your relationship - because you care right? because you make the effort to discuss each other’s needs and feelings…. Or maybe not…
- Do not just date a (wo)man for sex.
- Do not date just because you want to make your spouse, ex-, or anyone else jealous, angry, depressed or any other negative emotion.